To discover and clarify the purpose for work and projects, here’s a good framework I rely on:
Purpose is at the intersection of
what we are good at (STRENGTHS),
what we love to do (PASSIONS),
the needs of who we serve.
Based on this framework are nine important questions I always ask when clarifying purpose for clients’ projects.
- What are you good at?
- What resources do you have?
- How does your offering benefit who you serve?
- Why did you start your business? / Why do you do what you do?
- What do you love to do?
- What are your dreams?
Needs Of Who You Serve
- Who do you serve?
- What do they need or want?
- Why do they have that need or want?
I’ve prepared a mini poster with these nine questions for you to stick on your wall, whiteboard, or fridge. It’s in PDF format and there are two copies of the poster on the page. Print it out, cut it in half, and share the other half with a friend or coworker.